- Easy to read instructions, colour photographs, and pattern pieces
- Great for learning new techniques and skills
- Uses minimal hardware
- Easy to customise - make it Holey per the pattern, or make it without the hole and add a strap to the sides of the bag
Finished dimensions of 13" x 11" x 5" (33cm x 28cm x 12.5cm)
Originally designed for The Bag of the Month Club 2018, The Holey Mayole bag sewing pattern is a great way to learn new techniques and skills.The pattern features a faux double welt slip pocket, a zip pocket with facing and handles which slip strikingly through the ultra secure flap.
You can see some of the fabulous variations made by my testers here.
This bag sparked a trend among bagineers for the flap hole selfie. Please do make sure to share yours with us in the Mrs H's Bagineers Facebook group!
The Holey Mayole sewing pattern features comprehensive instructions, pattern pieces, and colour photographs.The paper pattern is an A5 booklet with printed pattern pieces. The downloadable PDF pattern features printable pattern pieces and a text only section to save on ink and paper costs. Find out more about how to download and print PDF sewing patterns here.
The Holey Mayole is classified as an intermediate sewing pattern. It is written in UK English and has been thoroughly tested by a team of expert pattern testers,
- 1yd (0.9m) Outer
- 1/2yd (0.5m) Contrast
- 1yd (0.9m) Lining
- 1/2yd (0.5m) Foam Stabiliser
- 8” x 12” (21cm x 31cm) Fusible Fleece
- 2 1/2yd (2.25m) Medium Weight Interfacing – Based on 40” wide. Narrower will need more
- 8” x 12” (21cm x 31cm) Firm Interfacing (Peltex, Decovil 1 or Stiff Stuff)
- 1 x Tongue lock/Thumb Catch
- 6 x 8mm post x 9mm cap Double Cap Rivets
- 1 x 9” (23cm) zip for lining pocket (size 5)
- Double sided basting tape
- Duct tape
- Zip foot
- Walking foot