Tilly and the Buttons Nora Sewing Pattern
Tilly and the Buttons Nora
WHIP UP THIS TOP IN AN AFTERNOON!
Fill your wardrobe with quick and easy Nora tops. This modern style sweater or t-shirt has a boxy, oversized shape with drop shoulders and wide sleeves. Incredibly versatile, make it in a variety of fabrics – from jersey to sweater knits – to see you through the year in style.
Choose from slouchy high neck or narrow neckband; short, elbow-length or extra-long sleeves; with longline hem or cropped and stepped deep hem with side splits. Once you make one, you’ll be hooked!
Nora includes jargon-busting instructions, helpful sewing tips, and colour photos showing you each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
SKILL LEVEL - Confident beginners
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Light- to medium-weight knit fabric with at least 10% crosswise stretch, such as jersey, interlock, ponte, sweater knits or stretch velvet. TIP: Buy a bit extra and pre-wash it to allow for shrinkage before cutting. Why not check out our handpicked fabrics that include stunning sweater knits?
- Fabric - Short sleeve round neck vn: 1.1m (1¼yd) x 150cm (60in) OR 1.9m (2 1/8 yd) x 115cm (45in)
Elbow-length sleeve round neck vn: 1.3m (1½yd) x 150cm (60in) OR 2m (2¼yd) x 115cm (45in)
Long sleeve high neck vn: 1.5m (1 5/8yd) x 150cm (60in) OR 2.5m (2 ¾yd) x 115cm (45in)
- Optional: 0.3m (3/8yd) ribbing for narrow neckband (or use same fabric as above)
- Matching thread
- 0.3m (3/8yd) of 6-9mm (1/4in) satin ribbon, stay tape, clear elastic or strips of knit interfacing
- Ballpoint needle for your sewing machine
- Sewing machine and basic tools (a rotary cutter and mat are useful)
- Optional: Overlocker (serger)